- The science of life and of living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution. It includes botany and zoology and all their subdivisions. (noun)
- The life processes or characteristic phenomena of a group or category of living organisms: the biology of viruses. (noun)
- The plant and animal life of a specific area or region. (noun)
- The study of living organisms, including their structure, functioning, evolution, distribution, and interrelationships (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The structure, functioning, etc, of a particular organism or group of organisms (noun)
- The animal and plant life of a particular region (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016