- A confusion of sounds or voices. See Synonyms at noise. (noun)
- A scene of noise and confusion. (noun)
- A tower presumptuously intended to reach from earth to heaven, the building of which was frustrated when Jehovah confused the language of the builders (Genesis 11:1Ã¢ÂÂ9) (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The city, probably Babylon, in which this tower was supposedly built (noun)
- A confusion of noises or voices (noun)
- A scene of noise and confusion (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016