- Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times. (adjective)
- Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors. (adjective)
- Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment. (adjective)
- Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons. (adjective)
- Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.