- The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system. (noun)
- The techniques and equipment used to achieve automatic operation or control. (noun)
- The condition of being automatically controlled or operated. (noun)
- The use of methods for controlling industrial processes automatically, esp by electronically controlled systems, often reducing manpower (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The extent to which a process is so controlled (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016