- A defensive covering, as of metal, wood, or leather, worn to protect the body against weapons. (noun)
- A tough, protective covering, such as the bony scales covering certain animals or the metallic plates on tanks or warships. (noun)
- A safeguard or protection: faith, the missionary's armor. (noun)
- The combat arm that deploys armored vehicles, such as tanks. (noun)
- The armored vehicles of an army. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.