- Agonizing physical or mental pain; torment. See Synonyms at regret. (noun)
- To cause to feel or suffer anguish. (verb-transitive)
- To feel or suffer anguish. (verb-intransitive)
- Extreme pain or misery; mental or physical torture; agony (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- To afflict or be afflicted with anguish (verb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016