Definition of "alien" [al•ien]
- (adjective) Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
- (adjective) Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign.
- (adjective) Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.
- (noun) An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
- (noun) A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
Use "alien" in a sentence
- "FACT: United States Code, Title 8, Chapter 12, Subchapter II, Part VIII, Section 1324a, states: It is unlawful for a person or other entity to hire for employment in the United States, an alien, knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien "
- "MISCELLANEOUS WORDS. adobe _ado'ba_ algebra not _bra_ alien _alyen_, not _alien_ ameliorate _amelyorate_ antarctic _antarktik_ anti not _anti_ archangel _arkangel_ archbishop _arch_, not _ark_ arch fiend _arch_, not _ark_ architect _arkitect_ awkward _awkward_, not _ard_"
- "Our buddy the margin alien is taking centre stage at another subcontinent for the next month."