- Generously supplied with money, property, or possessions; prosperous or rich. See Synonyms at rich. (adjective)
- Plentiful; abundant. (adjective)
- Flowing freely; copious. (adjective)
- A stream or river that flows into a larger one; a tributary. (noun)
- A person who is well-off financially: "the so-called emerging affluents” ( Leslie Tweeton). (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.