- The act of acquiring. (noun)
- Something acquired or gained: added two new acquisitions to my library. (noun)
- The act of acquiring or gaining possession (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Something acquired (noun)
- A person or thing of special merit added to a group (noun)
- The process of locating a spacecraft, satellite, etc, esp by radar, in order to gather tracking and telemetric information (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016