- Derived by or designating the process of reasoning from facts or particulars to general principles or from effects to causes; inductive; empirical. (adjective)
- Justified by appeal to experience. (adjective)
- Knowable from experience. (adjective)
- Relating to or involving inductive reasoning from particular facts or effects to a general principle (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Derived from or requiring evidence for its validation or support; empirical; open to revision (adjective)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016