Definition of "zaftig" [zaftig]
- (adjective) Full-bosomed.
- (adjective) Having a full, shapely figure.
- (adjective) (of a woman) plump and voluptuous
Use "zaftig" in a sentence
- "In my opinion, Jewish women are the authority on this body image stuff -- Jews invented the word zaftig and live lives peppered with proverbs like "Worries go down better with soup" and the ever-uplifting, "Eat and drink for tomorrow you may die.""
- "(The surest way to end a pitch meeting in LA is to tell them you want the lead female character to be a little "zaftig" - the look you get from the development executives is usually somewhere between "I'm sorry, I couldn't have just hear you correctly" and "Oh, I didn't realize you smoked crack.")"
- "Grandpa Izzy says that Margaret is zaftig, which is Yiddish for pleasingly plump."