Definition of "zabaglione" [zabaglione]
- (noun) A dessert or sauce consisting of egg yolks, sugar, and wine or liqueur beaten until thick and served hot or cold. Also called sabayon.
- (noun) a light foamy dessert made of egg yolks, sugar, and marsala, whipped together and served warm in a glass
Use "zabaglione" in a sentence
- "This cream mixture is known as zabaglione in Italian."
- "(also spelt sillabub) ` a drink or dish made of milk or cream, curdled by the admixture of wine, cider, or other acid, and often sweetened or flavored 'is a corruption (involving metathesis) of the Italian zabaglione, which is after all a pretty similar concoction."
- "I'm especially pleased with the Anthrax, Banana and Echidna Broth, which is served with an E-Coli zabaglione."