Definition of "z-order" [z-order]
- (noun) The order in which objects should be drawn to display correctly.
- (noun) A property of a graphical object that indicates its position in the z-order.
Use "z-order" in a sentence
- "Or if i know the window is 1 layer down in the z-order, i use a single alt tab to bring it to front and a single alt tab again to get back."
- "Fundamentally, that layout system involves absolute x and y coordinate pairs, and an explicit or implicit z-order."
- "• Manage Every File on Your Hard Drive AltTabIt! enhances your task switching experience by showing screenshots of all running windows, sorting window lists by name, title, or z-order, and launching pre-selected apps and files."