Definition of "yad" [yad]
- (noun) A pointer used in the ritual of Torah-reading.
- (noun) The letter ⴷ in the Tifinagh alphabet.
Use "yad" in a sentence
- "The Hebrew word for hand is the word yad; yadah means to “throw out the hand” or to worship with extended hands."
- "Torah readers use a pointer called a yad, which means hand, to keep their places as they read from the scroll."
- "He wrapped the leather strap of the shel rosh around my forehead, the shel yad round and round my left arm, down to my palm and several times around my middle finger."