Definition of "yachting" [yacht•ing]
- (verb) Present participle of yacht.
- (noun) A physical activity involving boats, be it racing sailing boats, cruising to distant shores, or day-sailing along a coast.
Use "yachting" in a sentence
- "Landlocked Switzerland joins the United States and New Zealand as having successfully defended their titles in yachting's most prestigious race."
- "Mr. Snider is well known for his keen interest in yachting and sailing, and we are all familiar with his writings on the early history of Canadian ships."
- ""It seems to have nothing to do with the whole idea of yachting, which is about cruising around at a leisurely pace, and enjoying your friends and the sea.""