Definition of "yacht" [yacht]
- (noun) Any of various relatively small sailing or motor-driven vessels, generally with smart graceful lines, used for pleasure cruises or racing.
- (verb-intransitive) To sail, cruise, or race in a yacht.
Use "yacht" in a sentence
- "Now when many individuals hear the term yacht club they see a collection of yacht owners gathering often to talk about their marine experiences."
- "Men stopped wearing hats overnight, and churches may empty in a heartbeat, but a yacht is forever."
- "The yacht is capable of 45 miles an hour with its 4,000 horsepower engine and when the Italians try to make a getaway in their skiff, the Streak streaks for them, "pulsing and vibrating and roaring like a thing alive" until the thieves haul in their oars and surrender."