Definition of "xanthic" [xan•thic]
- (adjective) Of a yellowish colour.
- (adjective) of, containing, or derived from xanthic acid
- (adjective) having a yellow colour
Use "xanthic" in a sentence
- "As in scarily blonde, yellow, xanthic hair, Rapunzel-gold and terrifying."
- "On this day, it was ornamental designs engraved on tombstones, xanthic blooms of Magnolia trees, the flight of birds observed from the car, and now nests under a bridge."
- "'fixing' -- i.e. decomposing the xanthic residue -- consists in a short exposure to the boiling saline solution."