Definition of "x-rated" [x•-rat•ed]
- (adjective) having a rating of X; not suitable for children; broadly, obscene or sexually explicit.
- (adjective) (formerly, in Britain) (of a film) considered suitable for viewing by adults only
- (adjective) involving bad language, violence, or sex
Use "x-rated" in a sentence
- "With the furore surrounding x-rated challenges how ironic that Arsenal, the flag-bearers for pure football, should find themselves forced to deny they are a "dirty" team, following this fractious encounter that was decided by a Marouane Chamakh second-half strike."
- "Against her: She got a little too into the x-rated outfits from the sex shop."
- "Some parts feel like an x-rated, updated, Blaxploitation screenplay."