Definition of "x-axis" [x-axis]
- (noun) The horizontal axis of a two-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system.
- (noun) One of three axes in a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system.
- (noun) a reference axis, usually horizontal, of a graph or two- or three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system along which the x-coordinate is measured
Use "x-axis" in a sentence
- "Perhaps what your RP scale needs is an identity x-axis and a context y-axis?"
- "For example, the x-axis of this chart is based on “cash income.”"
- "Her deft touch rotated the Challenger ninety degrees around its y-axis, and then set the ship spinning around the x-axis as it rushed toward the swooping enemy ship."