- A small thin crisp cake, biscuit, or candy. (noun)
- Ecclesiastical A small thin disk of unleavened bread used in the Eucharist. (noun)
- Pharmacology A flat tablet of rice paper or dried flour paste encasing a powdered drug. (noun)
- A small disk of adhesive material used as a seal for papers. (noun)
- Electronics A small thin circular slice of a semiconducting material, such as pure silicon, on which an integrated circuit can be formed. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.