Definition of "wafer" [wa•fer]
- (noun) A small thin crisp cake, biscuit, or candy.
- (noun) Ecclesiastical A small thin disk of unleavened bread used in the Eucharist.
- (noun) Pharmacology A flat tablet of rice paper or dried flour paste encasing a powdered drug.
- (noun) A small disk of adhesive material used as a seal for papers.
- (noun) Electronics A small thin circular slice of a semiconducting material, such as pure silicon, on which an integrated circuit can be formed.
Use "wafer" in a sentence
- "The term wafer refers to the general shape of the tumblers."
- "Can you see the thin wafer cookie and the yummy Nutella in the middle?"
- "He walked over and picked up the thin wafer of plastic and brushed bits of dried glue and plastic scraps from it."