Definition of "wadi" [wadi]
- (noun) A valley, gully, or streambed in northern Africa and southwest Asia that remains dry except during the rainy season.
- (noun) A stream that flows through such a channel.
- (noun) An oasis.
Use "wadi" in a sentence
- "Suralichi wadi is served cold or at room temperature, making it the perfect snack for hot days, but of course that should not stop anyone from making/eating it during any other weather."
- "Suralichi wadi is one of those things that can seem quite difficult to make if one has never made it before but my mother shared her recipe for making it in the microwave oven."
- "The Amritsari wadi is more complex than our sandage, apart from being huge in comparison!"