- (noun) The 23rd letter of the modern English alphabet.
- (noun) Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter w.
- (noun) The 23rd in a series.
- (noun) Something shaped like the letter W.
- (noun) the 23rd letter and 18th consonant of the modern English alphabet
- (noun) a speech sound represented by this letter, in English usually a bilabial semivowel, as in web
"Thus, the sentence ˜I am a philosopher™ is false with respect to c and w, but true with respect to c and w*."
"But what is the intuitive connection between w and w*?"
"To provide the required counterexample, just consider a model in which A holds at w, B doesn't hold at w, and A doesn't hold at w*."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY