Definition of "vacationed" [vacationed]
- (verb) Simple past tense and past participle of vacation.
- (noun) a period in which a break is taken from work or studies for rest, travel, or recreation
- (noun) (as modifier)
- (noun) a day on which work is suspended by law or custom, such as a religious festival, bank holiday, etc
- (verb) to spend a holiday
Use "vacationed" in a sentence
- "Where we vacationed is an up and coming wine producing area in southern Ontario."
- "I wouldn't even say that I dislike America, if anything I like America (given that I have "vacationed" in Florida every year since I was 7 .... and I just said "vacationed" ... see, I even talk the lingo!)"
- "On my walk from the taxi to KK House, I thankfully ran into Nicole, the Projects Abroad volunteer who "vacationed" with us to Cape Coast last weekend."