- (noun) The condition of being vacant or unoccupied.
- (noun) An empty or unoccupied space.
- (noun) A position, office, or place of accommodation that is unfilled or unoccupied.
- (noun) Emptiness of mind; inanity.
- (noun) A crystal defect caused by the absence of an atom, ion, or molecule in a crystal lattice.
"The rule on vacancy is a disincentive to tearing a property down."
"Mr. Guinee said in an interview: "I was merely trying to determine the likelihood of near term vacancy and refilling that vacancy in a market that is one of the worst in the country.""
"Besides, for practical purposes most Senators are selected by State governors in vacancy filling appointments, then rubber-stamp elected."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY