- Displeasing to the eye; unsightly. (adjective)
- Repulsive or offensive; objectionable: an ugly remark. (adjective)
- Chiefly Southern U.S. Rude: Don't be ugly with me. (adjective)
- New England Unmanageable. Used of animals, especially cows or horses. (adjective)
- Morally reprehensible; bad. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.