Definition of "udo" [udo]
- (noun) A perennial Japanese plant (Aralia cordata) having bipinnately compound leaves and young shoots that are cooked and eaten as a vegetable.
- (noun) a stout araliaceous perennial plant, Aralia cordata, of Japan and China, having berry-like black fruits and young shoots that are edible when blanched
Use "udo" in a sentence
- "That combined with the Hillary & Bill Appalacian bus tour ... to udo the "kitchen sink strategy" ... would give Team Obama a landslide victory in November of 2008."
- "I suspect the unidentified stir-fried vegetable is probably Aralia cordata, what the Japanese call “udo” 独活 or “shishi udo”, otherwise known as Japanese Spikenard ."
- "Web: www. udo.jp Write to William Westbrook at william. firstname.lastname@example.org"