Definition of "ubiquitinated" [ubiquitinated]
- (verb) Simple past tense and past participle of ubiquitinate.
- (adjective) modified or degraded by the attachment of ubiquitin molecules
Use "ubiquitinated" in a sentence
- "When cells are exposed to bacteria or various signal substances, the inhibitor protein is phosphorylated, and this results in its being ubiquitinated and broken down in the proteasome."
- "Figure 2E, higher levels of ubiquitinated HIF-1α were found in control cells either treated with the proteasome inhibitor MG132 under normoxia, either exposed to hypoxia, when compared to levels of ubiquitinated HIF-1α found in bcl-2 transfectants exposed to the same conditions."
- "FANCI-FANCD2 complex is ubiquitinated by an FA core complex containing eight FA proteins."