Definition of "tabby" [tab•by]
- (noun) A rich watered silk.
- (noun) A fabric of plain weave.
- (noun) A domestic cat with a striped or brindled coat of a gray or tawny color.
- (noun) A domestic cat, especially a female.
- (noun) A spinster.
- (noun) a fabric with a watered pattern, esp silk or taffeta
Use "tabby" in a sentence
- "April 29, 2008 at 12:30 pm omg dapanferkitteh, u haz recalled a long-losted memory- teh wide-eyed tabby on teh dresserwanting gushifud breakfast crash..down goes teh keys..tabby looks at bed…swoosh..papers flutteringdown.."
- "Weir, was derived from a kind of taffeta or ribbed silk which used to be called tabby silk."
- "Orabelle here is called a tabby Bengal Tiger and there are only about 50 in the world."