- (noun) A projection, flap, or short strip attached to an object to facilitate opening, handling, or identification.
- (noun) A small, usually decorative flap or tongue on a garment.
- (noun) A small auxiliary airfoil that is attached to a larger one and that helps stabilize an aircraft.
- (verb-transitive) To supply with a tab or tabs.
- (noun) a small flap of material, esp one on a garment for decoration or for fastening to a button
- (noun) any similar flap, such as a piece of paper attached to a file for identification
- (noun) a small auxiliary aerofoil on the trailing edge of a rudder, aileron, or elevator, etc, to assist in the control of the aircraft in flight
- (noun) the insignia on the collar of a staff officer
- (noun) a bill, esp one for a meal or drinks
- (verb) to supply (files, clothing, etc) with a tab or tabs
"There is also now an option to add a customized favicon to a user's site, which is an icon that sits in the title tab of a website when it is viewed inside a browser."
"So having the insurance pick up part of the tab is a big deal."
"There was cracks that were present in the welds, what we call the tab welds, of the bridge since the day it was built."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY