Definition of "rabble-rousing" [rabble-rousing]
- (adjective) Alternative spelling of rabblerousing.
- (noun) a person who manipulates the passions of the mob; demagogue
Use "rabble-rousing" in a sentence
- "At a time when so many leaders in both politics and the media are zeroing in on the smallest gaffe, the least consequential issue or the most niche topic, Stewart's reminder to step back and not overreact to everything was the kind of calming, rather than rabble-rousing, rhetoric that's a mark of good leadership."
- "How is it insular to suggest that it is the role of serious fiction first to be art rather than rabble-rousing?"
- "Our President is doing a good job ... they are doing nothing but rabble-rousing."