Definition of "rabbis" [rabbis]
- (noun) Plural form of rabbi.
- (noun) (in Orthodox Judaism) a man qualified in accordance with traditional religious law to expound, teach, and rule in accordance with this law
- (noun) the religious leader of a congregation; the minister of a synagogue
Use "rabbis" in a sentence
- "The joke among rabbis is that going to the supermarket can be a work experience."
- "Shaul Goldstein, head of the neighboring Gush Etzion settlement council, said that relations with the Palestinians in the area were good and that a group of rabbis from the settlements planned to visit the mosque to express their concern."
- "In Archbishop Sambi’s case, he asked the Chief Rabbis to recommend rabbis from the major cities."