Definition of "rabbet" 
- (noun) A cut or groove along or near the edge of a piece of wood that allows another piece to fit into it to form a joint.
- (noun) A joint so made.
- (verb-transitive) To cut a rabbet in.
- (verb-transitive) To join by a rabbet.
- (verb-intransitive) To be joined by a rabbet.
Use "rabbet" in a sentence
- ""rabbet," ploughed around the front, back, and sides of the drawers; or the top frame may have a tongue fitting inside the whole substance of the drawer, or the glass may be a fixture, beaded or puttied in on top, the whole of the bottom unscrewing from the drawer frame."
- "Silly rabbet, everybody knows that it's the Realclimate Team who's politicizing the science, and besides, the deniers are simply honest broker skeptics who just want to know the truth."
- "Is a good place to start: Of course, rabbet will avoid the facts and he and other will go off on some tangential escapade."