Definition of "qawwalis" [qawwalis]
- (noun) Plural form of qawwali.
- (noun) an Islamic religious song, esp in Asia
Use "qawwalis" in a sentence
- "Before the fairly recent introduction of the harmonium, qawwalis were usually accompanied by the sarangi."
- "I will miss cousin Glenn Losack this time as he wont be there the chatti of the Holy Saint qawwalis all night long kaif trance dancing in the air"
- "The qawwalis got the last vocal flourishes; by the end the Gnawa musicians were on their feet dancing."