Definition of "pachyderm" [pach•y•derm]
- (noun) Any of various large, thick-skinned, hoofed mammals such as the elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.
- (noun) any very large thick-skinned mammal, such as an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus
Use "pachyderm" in a sentence
- "The paper said the pachyderm is estimated to be 18 years old and is the fifth white elephant captured since 2001."
- "'Dismissing constitutional checks and balances, which cannot resist it or deflect its course, the presidential pachyderm is spurred only by forces that stand outside institutions -- the media and the street.'"
- "To be in politics, a person is better off, bein 'called a pachyderm, rather than a weasel."