Definition of "p-type" [p-type]
- (adjective) (Of a semiconductor) in which conduction is due to the movement of positive holes rather than electrons.
- (adjective) (of a semiconductor) having a density of mobile holes in excess of that of conduction electrons
- (adjective) associated with or resulting from the movement of holes in a semiconductor
Use "p-type" in a sentence
- "Electrons can cross from the spacious boron-silicon (or p-type) layer to the crowded n-type layer, but not the other way."
- "The crystal wafer is doped with boron to make a p-type semiconductor."
- "Dope silicon with boron, which has three valence electrons, to create a p-type semiconductor."