Definition of "oarage" [oarage]
- (noun) The act of using oars; rowing.
- (noun) A sweeping motion that resembles rowing.
- (noun) Equipment used for rowing.
- (noun) the oars or other accoutrements that are required for rowing
- (noun) the motion of the oars, or the parts of the body that move the oars, whilst rowing
Use "oarage" in a sentence
- "Flying through the depth of air on winged oarage, the fleet messenger alights on the Libyan coasts."
- "Here, on the first land he retrod, he dedicated his winged oarage to thee, O Phoebus, in the vast temple he built."
- "Thence he gazes down on the world, staying awhile in that far height  the ceaseless oarage of his wings and, poised almost motionless with hovering flight, looks all around him and seeks what prey he shall choose whereon to swoop  sudden like a thunderbolt from heaven on high."