Definition of "oaken" [oak•en]
- (adjective) Made from the wood of the oak tree
- (adjective) made of the wood of the oak
Use "oaken" in a sentence
- "The example he gave was "oaken", which is not quite the same as "made of oak"."
- "Jeremy Herrin's production, filled with resonant hymns, captures precisely the oaken rituals of public-school life while conveying the agonised unhappiness of the boy-hero."
- "Warm light from kerosene lamps gives the impression of comfort, but despite woolen Oriental carpets insulating the hardwood floor and the heavy oaken wall panels, the cabin is unpleasantly chilly."