Definition of "oafish" [oaf•ish]
- (adjective) characteristic of, or resembling an oaf; stupid
- (noun) a stupid or loutish person
Use "oafish" in a sentence
- "I fear that Dubya will get his testosterone stirred up again and make some kind of oafish, I'm a tough-ass from Crawford remark, like his moronic "Bring it On" dalliance with idiocy."
- "We additionally encounter Launce, a singular of Shakspere's commencement oafish ridiculous characters."
- "I saw that from here on, he would become rather an oafish prop, so to speak, in the last act of something like that, without any great stature."