Definition of "o" [o]
- (noun) The 15th letter of the modern English alphabet.
- (noun) Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter o.
- (noun) The 15th in a series.
- (noun) Something shaped like the letter O.
- (noun) One of the four major blood groups in the ABO system. Individuals with this blood group have neither A nor B antigens on the surface of their red blood cells, and have both anti-A and anti-B antibodies in their blood serum.
- (noun) the 15th letter and fourth vowel of the modern English alphabet
- (noun) any of several speech sounds represented by this letter, in English as in code, pot, cow, move, or form
Use "o" in a sentence
- "Without referring to geometry we can see at a glance by Fig. 172, where we have simply turned the square _o o o o_ on its centre so that its angles touch the sides of the outer square, that it is exactly half of square _ABEF_, since each quarter of it, such as"
- "By drawing _ff_, _f·f_ passing through the diagonals we get the four points _o o o o_ through which to draw the smaller square."
- "$$@@$@$$@ $$@ $@$ $@$@$o$$@$$ $@$$o o$$@$ % @$@ $$@$ $ $$$ @"