Definition of "nabis" [nabis]
- (noun) The typical genus of the family Nabidæ. There are few American species. The British species, N. lativentris, in its early stages of growth greatly resembles an ant.
- (plural-noun) a group of French artists much influenced by Gauguin, including Bonnard and Vuillard, who reacted against the naturalism of the impressionists
Use "nabis" in a sentence
- "The nabis of Israel, organized in groups or schools, had great influence."
- "Quamquam praterea eavoxnonfatislatina nabis, quemadmodumnecaliiscompluribm, Pideba tur."
- "& proelamationis publicum edi£lum ac citationen? tnhexam alias a nabis & noftroauditorio decretum"