Definition of "n-word" [n-word]
- (noun) The words nigger and nigga.
- (noun) Any word beginning with n that is not normally taboo but is considered (often humorously) to be so in the given context.
- (noun) Negation words, such as not, nobody, and nothing.
- (noun) Danish nouns of the common gender (their indefinite article being en), as opposed to t-words, nouns of the neuter gender (their indefinite article being et).
Use "n-word" in a sentence
- "Dear Mexican: These days, using the word "nigger" is considered so offensive that, in its place, we now use the term "n-word.""
- "Sure, we all have our own race narrative about the first time we were called the "n-word" or treated poorly in a store or other public place."
- "Charles, 27, interviewed in Emerging Adulthood, recalls being called the n-word while at sports camp as a kid, and as a teenager, he got pulled over for “Driving While Black.”"