Definition of "macaw" [ma•caw]
- (noun) Any of various parrots of the genera Ara and Anodorhynchus of Central and South America, including the largest parrots and characterized by long saber-shaped tails, curved powerful bills, and usually brilliant plumage.
- (noun) any large tropical American parrot of the genera Ara and Anodorhynchus, having a long tail and brilliant plumage
Use "macaw" in a sentence
- "The macaw was a baby, a little chunk of pink flesh with no feathers."
- ""Then _I_ must go, my lady," said Marriott, angrily, "that is certain; for to part with my macaw is a thing I cannot do to please _any_ body.""
- "'Then I must go, my lady,' said Marriott, angrily, 'that is certain; for to part with my macaw is a thing I cannot do to please any body.'"