Definition of "labile" [la•bile]
- (adjective) Open to change; adaptable: an emotionally labile person.
- (adjective) Chemistry Constantly undergoing or likely to undergo change; unstable: a labile compound.
Use "labile" in a sentence
- "I would, however, dispute the claim that he’s paranoid … and claiming that he’s emotionally labile is quite frankly laughable."
- "One is that the internal muscle has become very labile, meaning any little input inside the anus causes it to relax."
- "Lying on the table, stuck full of needles in a room painted soft peach, with monks softly chanting in the background, my mind wandered to the acupuncturist's use of the word "labile" in our pre-treatment conversation and the realization that labile and labial were not the same word."