- (noun) An item used to identify something or someone, as a small piece of paper or cloth attached to an article to designate its origin, owner, contents, use, or destination.
- (noun) A descriptive term; an epithet.
- (noun) A distinctive name or trademark identifying a product or manufacturer, especially a recording company.
- (noun) Architecture A molding over a door or window; a dripstone.
- (noun) Heraldry A figure in a field consisting of a narrow horizontal bar with several pendants.
- (noun) a piece of paper, card, or other material attached to an object to identify it or give instructions or details concerning its ownership, use, nature, destination, etc; tag
- (noun) a brief descriptive phrase or term given to a person, group, school of thought, etc
- (noun) a word or phrase heading a piece of text to indicate or summarize its contents
- (noun) a trademark or company or brand name on certain goods, esp, formerly, on gramophone records
- (noun) a charge consisting of a horizontal line across the chief of a shield with three or more pendants: the charge of an eldest son
- (noun) a group of characters, such as a number or a word, appended to a particular statement in a program to allow its unique identification
- (noun) a radioactive element used in a compound to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- (verb) to fasten a label to
- (verb) to mark with a label
- (verb) to describe or classify in a word or phrase
- (verb) to make (one or more atoms in a compound) radioactive, for use in determining the mechanism of a reaction
"The must-win label is overused, but it almost fits for this game."
"Check the title label below for even more frontline comics"
"This issue should complete the whole series check the title label below if your missing the other issues Classic EC horror/scifi series."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY