- (noun) A defensive encampment encircled by armored vehicles or wagons.
- (verb-intransitive) To camp in a defensive encirclement.
- (noun) (in Africa) a camp, esp one defended by a circular formation of wagons
- (noun) a place where armoured vehicles are parked
- (verb) to form (wagons) into a laager
- (verb) to park (armoured vehicles) in a laager
"The laager was a twelve-foot-high barbed wire enclosure, eighty feet wide by three hundred long, with the hut occupying the greater part of the central space."
"Encircling his laager was another chain of "randten" entirely occupied and fortified, and we soon realised what a large and entrenched stretch of ground it was."
"About a hundred and fifty yards to the left of the laager was a little dell where I had hidden my horse, together with one belonging to the Boers, and my saddle and bridle."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY