Definition of "la-di-da" [la-di-da]
- (adjective) Informal Affectedly genteel; pretentious.
- (interjection) Used to express disdain for something viewed as pretentious.
- (adjective) affecting exaggeratedly genteel manners or speech
- (noun) a la-di-da person
Use "la-di-da" in a sentence
- "I raised my eyebrows, but I may as well have whistled, or said, “Well, la-di-da.”"
- "The guy seems to care so little about his work here that he fails to believably: type on a keyboard (re: his character is a professional writer), urgently ride a bicycle in a downpour (again, he does this with inexplicable la-di-da slowness), and talk at a GPS with any semblance of a person who is frustrated."
- "Ever la-di-da shitass in this town will be able to spit on us if we take charity!"