Definition of "kahuna" [kahuna]
- (noun) American yankee or leader.
- (noun) Priest of high rank, or often said of an expert in a profession, such as dentistry.
- (noun) Sorcerer, magician or wizard.
Use "kahuna" in a sentence
- "Every sort of kahuna was at bottom and in some regard a priest, his special department being indicated by a qualifying word, as _kahuna anaana_, sorcerer, _kahuna kalai wa'a_, canoe-maker."
- "The Hawaiian word kahuna meaning "priest" sounds remarkably similar to the Hebrew word for priest, but unless you can devise a story about an ancient encounter between Semitic tribes and Polynesians, it is likely that the two languages just happened to hit upon the same combination of sound and meaning in this one instant."
- "Charley shot off the spelling of "kahuna" before making a mad dash off the stage."