Definition of "jabbing" [jabbing]
- (verb) Present participle of jab.
- (noun) A motion or gesture that jabs; a jab.
- (verb) to poke or thrust sharply
- (verb) to strike with a quick short blow or blows
- (noun) a sharp poke or stab
- (noun) a quick short blow, esp (in boxing) a straight punch with the leading hand
- (noun) an injection
Use "jabbing" in a sentence
- "And I could not get over the idea of jabbing a needle so deeply and blindly into someone's chest."
- "Eventually bored, Covalt struck back, his sword jabbing at his opponent's exposed chest."
- "He smiled again, squinting and tossing his head left and right in short, jabbing motions."