Definition of "j" [j]
- (noun) The tenth letter of the modern English alphabet.
- (noun) Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter j.
- (noun) The tenth in a series.
- (noun) Something shaped like the letter J.
- (noun) The hypothetical traditional source of those portions of the Pentateuch in which God is referred to with the Tetragrammaton rather than as Elohim.
- (noun) the tenth letter and seventh consonant of the modern English alphabet
- (noun) a speech sound represented by this letter, in English usually a voiced palato-alveolar affricate, as in jam
Use "j" in a sentence
- "For a more detailed explanation, look at an x-y plane, with vectors i and j (+i = east, - i = west, +j = north, - j = south):"
- "I used the following shell one-liner: for i in *; do for j in $i/*; do cd $j; tar xf *. tar.gz; cd .."
- "In one of my scripts, I take input in the following manner for i in $ (seq $r) do for j in $ (seq $c) do read - p "a [$i] [$j] =" a$i$j done done this code declares separate variables each time it enters the inner for loop."